Fried green tomatoes are a southern favorite that are just as good gluten free!!
- 2 Green tomatoes
- 2 cups Bob’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Aw Shit
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 5.4 oz can of coconut cream
- Peanut oil for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine ( dry Riesling works well)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Slice tomato to desired thickness and submerge into bowl of coconut cream.
- Then place tomatoes into the seasoned flour and coat heavily on both sides.
- Fry tomatoes in peanut oil for a few minutes or until they are a slight golden brown color.
- In a separate pan combine olive oil, wine, and chicken broth and simmer over medium heat until it is reduced by half.
- Add goat cheese and garlic and stir until cheese is blended.
- Drizzle the cheese sauce and chopped parsley over top of tomatoes and serve.