- 1 package of Gluten Free Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons dark spiced rum
- 2 packages plain cream cheese (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- powder sugar to taste
- dash of red food coloring (optional)
- crushed candy cane pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and spoon into greased cupcake tin or line with paper wrappers.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting cupcakes.